Every journey to getting brand new teeth begins with a screening consultation. During this consultation a timeline of each potential treatment option will be discussed with you in detail. If necessary, one or more additional treatment plannings sessions will be scheduled. Following these planning sessions, you will receive your new tooth or teeth. Please do note, that while every patient is unique in what they need, in many cases we are able to provide you with your dental implants and replacement teeth on the very same day.
Typically, this initial “immediate”replacement tooth, bridge, or even full set of teeth is only used during the healing period when the implants are bonding to the jawbone (a process known as osseointegration). This ‘immediate’ tooth or bridge is made entirely of acrylic. Once your implants have successfully “osseointegrated” and you are able to eat hard and chewy foods again, a final prosthesis (usually containing a durable rigid metal substructure) is custom fabricated for you.
Typical Treatment Timeline
Most of the patients we treat here at MALO SMILES are able to receive their dental implants and new set of non-removable teeth on the same day. Here’s an approximation of your typical All-on-4® treatment timeline:
- Discussion of potential treatment options.
In the following weeks:
- Any required additional treatment planning sessions.
Day of your procedure:
- You arrive at the office in the morning.
- We escort you to your private room where you are prepped for surgery.
- An Intravenous (I.V.) sedative is administered.
- Once you are ready, we will administer a local anesthetic and begin.
- Surgery is usually brought to a close later that morning.
- You will be given some to rest and have something soft to eat and a cool drink.
- One of our prosthodontists will then fit and insert your initial dental bridge.
- You will then be allowed to return home, typically in the afternoon, to start and enjoy your new teeth and smile.
- Your first follow-up appointment will be scheduled (usually 10 to 14 days later).
In the ensuing months:
- One or more follow-up appointments, as needed, to ensure you’re healing well.
Around the four to six month mark:
- Your temporary bridge will be replaced with your final bridge, built for high aesthetics and durability.
Periodic Hygiene/Maintenance as needed.
- A visit twice a year either with our team or your own Dentist is the initial recommendation.
Remember, every patient is different, so make sure you understand the treatment timeline discussed with you by our professional dental implants team.